The benefits of applying to the Africa Centre of Excellence and Mycotoxin are numerous, amongst which are
- No university in Nigeria offers masters of science or Ph.D degree in Food Safety
- The centre will integrate the 3 components of the knowledge triangle:- education, research and innovation to solve the developmental challenges confronting Africa.
- The centre will also train skilled and innovative workforce that would transform Nigeria’s natural resources into goods and services, driven by entrepreneurship and information and communication technology (ICT) to positively affect the economy and thus the quality of life and her people.
- National food control systems revealed that there are absolutely no Toxicologists and Food safety experts in Nigeria.
- The graduates and staff will be trained to qualify for international certification from the institute of Food Science and Technology, USA.
How to Apply: please refer to https://eportal.futminna.edu.ng/pg/login.php
- What are the requirements for admission to the M.Tech programmes of ACEMFS?
- Candidates for admission to the M.Tech programmes must have five ‘O’ level credit passes in NECO/WAEC/NABTEB or its equivalent for international students which must include English/French, Mathematics and any other (three) relevant science subjects (Chemistry, Biology and Physics) at no more than two sittings.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or NYSC exemption certificate (Nigerians only)
- Academic Transcripts.
- At least a Second Class Lower Honour Degree (50% Cumulative Score) or its equivalent for foreign candidates.
- A Third Class (Hons) degree with at least three years of post-qualification experience in the relevant field may be considered.
- A recognized PGD with a minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA of 2.50) in relevant fields with at least one year post-qualification experience may be considered.
- Three referees, one of whom must be his/her supervisor or an academic advisor
- A qualifying examination may be necessary
- What are the requirements for admission to the Ph.D programmes of ACEMFS?
- Candidates applying for Ph.D must have minimum of five ‘O’ level credit passes in NECO/WAEC/NABTEB or its equivalent for international students which must include English/French, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics at not more than (2) two sittings.
- Nigerian applicants must have National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or NYSC exemption certificate.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Applicants for admission to Ph.D shall be Master’s Degree graduates and must have attained an average performance of ‘B’ grade or weighted average of 60% or a minimum CGPA of 3.50
- Research proposals are to be uploaded on the application platform.
- Candidates must provide three referees, one of whom must be his/her supervisor or an academic adviser.
Admission shall strictly be in line with the admission guidelines of Postgraduate schools,
Federal University of Technology, Minna.